Today’s post comes from Buzzfeed – where they give 25 quick Do it yourself ideas to create a book shelf. There are a lot of pretty neat ideas. Let us know which one you like best.
25 Awesome DIY Ideas For Bookshelves
These easy and clever bookshelves look so much cooler than anything you can buy from a store. Finding creative ways to display books can be just as alluring as any kind of art.
1. Floating Bracket Bookshelves
2. Box Shelves from Ikea, Connected with Ordinary Office Binder Clips
Click here for further instructions.
3. The Wall Bookmark Shelf
You could use a bracket, or buy the one pictured here for $32.
4. Ladder + Wood Bookshelves
Made with 2 ladders and planks of wood.
Or just one ladder will do for a smaller bookshelf.
5. Wallpapered Bookshelves
Click here for more details on how to make this yourself.
6. Leather Harness Hanging Bookshelf
Available for £89.00 from Rockett St. George. But you could probably also make this with some leather belts.
7. Hollowed-Out TV Bookcase
8. Another Ladder Bookshelf
Take a ladder apart and hang one side of it on the wall.
9. The Bookend Bookshelf
You can also buy this one in particular here from Umbra.com for $15.
10. Wooden Pallet Bookshelves
11. Another Example of a Wooden Pallet Bookshelf
12. Bookshelf Made from an Old Drawer
Click here for the full tutorial.
13. Industrial Pipe Shelving
Pipe shelving can also be easily DIYed.
15. Storage Bench
Made from pine wood, metal crates, and casters. Click here for instructions.
17. Larger, More Industrial Hanging Rope Bookshelves
View the full tutorial here.
18. Bookshelf from Wooden Cable Spool and Ikea Casters
Click here for more instructions.
20. Magazine Holder Bookshelf
21. Pegboard Using Colored Pencils and String
Not exactly a bookshelf, but books can certainly be incorporated. Full tutorial here.
22. Hanging Fabric Shelves
You’ll need 2 curtain rods, 2 double curtain rod brackets, and some fabric. See the full tutorial here.
Ikea spice racks nailed to the sides of a dresser makes instant display bookshelves. Click here for more details.
24. Stacked Antique Benches
25. Stained Plywood Book Display Case
Just glue some birch plywood together and stain. Click here for the tutorial.