Painting furniture can be one of the quickest & easiest ways to transform your furniture. Here couple of quick tips if you are going to tackle the project of transforming your furniture with some paint:
– Prepping your furniture is the most important thing to do – make sure you clean your furniture with a good cleaner
– Scuff sand your furniture completely prior to paint (so the paint can adhere to it) with a 120 – 180 grit sandpaper
– Put a good Primer coat on your furniture first
– Don’t be cheap with your paint! Go with a good quality paint like Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams.
– For the best results place 2 coats (minimum) of a clear coat finish (like a urethane) to give added durability
We would love to hear your comments or questions – leave them below.
Did you know Wood Menders provides a no-hassle audit of your furniture? We give you an honest assessment of whether or not it makes sense to repair the “issues” that you have with your furniture. Contact us today to receive your Free no-hassle, Furniture Audit @ 616.805.9663 (24 hour recorded message line) or online: http://www.woodmenders.com/quote