Keeping Your Wood Floors Alive
Here’s a few tips to help keep your wood floors looking good:
– Keeping dirt off the floor is your best defense in maintaining a good looking wood floor. There are several ways to do that:
– Make sure to have a good entry mat at each door where people will be entering from the outside. This allows everybody to wipe off their shoes when they enter your house – less dirt – less mess.
– Sweep the entryways just outside your house on a regular basis – this will keep alot of the dirt away from the house.
– Vacuum and/or Sweep your hardwood floors at least once a week at a minimum. Don’t get lazy on this! Above all else – this will keep any buildup of dirt from happening.
– Make sure you have floor protector pads on all of your furniture.
– Change the floor protectors out with new ones every 3 to 4 months. (they are cheap)
– Check your shoes to make sure you are not tracking any “unwanted” items or dirt into your house
– Make a habit of taking care of list
The point to remember is that small amounts of dirt get stepped on and scraped along your floor at a very minute level. Those “micro-scratches” add up and over time, dull your floor’s finish. A beautiful floor isn’t cheap and getting it refinished isn’t a quick and easy task. Keep the dirt off and it’ll look better, longer.
We would love to hear your comments or questions – leave them @ our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wood-Menders/79877092620
Until next time – Dan @ Wood MendersDid you know Wood Menders provides a no-hassle audit of your furniture? We give you an honest assessment of whether or not it makes sense to repair the “issues” that you have with your furniture. Contact us today to receive your Free no-hassle, Furniture Audit @ 616.805.9663 (24 hour recorded message line) or online: http://www.woodmenders.com/quote